CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 10 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
This quiz covers the content in CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks Chapter 9. It is designed to provide an additional opportunity to practice the skills and knowledge presented in the chapter and to prepare for the Chapter 10 Exam.
1. Which TCP/IP model layer is closest to the end user?
2. What is an advantage of SMB over FTP?
Only with SMB can data transfers occur in both directions.
Only SMB establishes two simultaneous connections with the client, making the data transfer faster.
SMB is more reliable than FTP because SMB uses TCP and FTP uses UDP.
SMB clients can establish a long-term connection to the server.*
3. What type of information is contained in a DNS MX record?
the FQDN of the alias used to identify a service
the IP address for an FQDN entry
the domain name mapped to mail exchange servers*
the IP address of an authoritative name server
4. Which three protocols or standards are used at the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
5. True or False?
In FTP transactions, an FTP client uses the pull method to download files from an FTP server.
6. On a home network, which device is most likely to provide dynamic IP addressing to clients on the home network?
a dedicated file server
a home router*
an ISP DHCP server
a DNS server
7. What is a common protocol that is used with peer-to-peer applications such as WireShare, Bearshare, and Shareaza?
8. What is true about a client-server network?
The network includes a dedicated server.*
Each device can function as a server and a client.
Workstations access network resources using SAMBA or Gnutella.
Each peer accesses an index server to get the location of a resource stored on another peer in what is considered a hybrid network system.
9. Which protocol can be used to transfer messages from an email server to an email client?
10. A wired laser printer is attached to a home computer. That printer has been shared so that other computers on the home network can also use the printer. What networking model is in use?
11. Which three layers of the OSI model provide similar network services to those provided by the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
data link layer
12. A user is attempting to access http://www.cisco.com/ without success. Which two configuration values must be set on the host to allow this access? (Choose two.)
source port number
source MAC address
13. Why is DHCP preferred for use on large networks?
Large networks send more requests for domain to IP address resolution than do smaller networks.
DHCP uses a reliable transport layer protocol.
It prevents sharing of files that are copyrighted.
It is a more efficient way to manage IP addresses than static address assignment.*
Hosts on large networks require more IP addressing configuration settings than hosts on small networks.
14. Which command is used to manually query a DNS server to resolve a specific host name?