CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 2 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
This quiz covers the content in CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks Chapter 2. It is designed to provide an additional opportunity to practice the skills and knowledge presented in the chapter and to prepare for the Chapter 2 Exam.
1. When a hostname is configured through the Cisco CLI, which three naming conventions are part of the guidelines? (Choose three.)
the hostname should be fewer than 64 characters in length*
the hostname should be written in all lower case characters
the hostname should contain no spaces*
the hostname should end with a special character
the hostname should begin with a letter*
2. Why would a technician enter the command copy startup-config running-config?
to remove all configurations from the switch
to save an active configuration to NVRAM
to copy an existing configuration into RAM*
to make a changed configuration the new startup configuration
3. Which two statements are true regarding the user EXEC mode? (Choose two.)
All router commands are available.
Global configuration mode can be accessed by entering the enable command.
The device prompt for this mode ends with the “>” symbol.*
Interfaces and routing protocols can be configured.
Only some aspects of the router configuration can be viewed.*
4. What command will prevent all unencrypted passwords from displaying in plain text in a configuration file?
(config)# enable password secret
(config)# enable secret Secret_Password
(config-line)# password secret
(config)# service password-encryption*
(config)# enable secret Encrypted_Password
5. To save time, IOS commands may be partially entered and then completed by typing which key or key combination?
6. How is SSH different from Telnet?
SSH makes connections over the network, whereas Telnet is for out-of-band access.
SSH provides security to remote sessions by encrypting messages and using user authentication. Telnet is considered insecure and sends messages in plaintext.*
SSH requires the use of the PuTTY terminal emulation program. Tera Term must be used to connect to devices through the use of Telnet.
SSH must be configured over an active network connection, whereas Telnet is used to connect to a device from a console connection.
7. Passwords can be used to restrict access to all or parts of the Cisco IOS. Select the modes and interfaces that can be protected with passwords. (Choose three.)
boot IOS mode
privileged EXEC mode*
router configuration mode
8. Which device acts as a gateway to allow hosts to send traffic to remote IP networks?
9. An administrator has just changed the IP address of an interface on an IOS device. What else must be done in order to apply those changes to the device?
Copy the running configuration to the startup configuration file.
Copy the information in the startup configuration file to the running configuration.
Reload the device and type yes when prompted to save the configuration.
Nothing must be done. Changes to the configuration on an IOS device take effect as soon as the command is typed correctly and the Enter key has been pressed.*
10. A technician configures a switch with these commands:
SwitchA(config)# interface vlan 1 SwitchA(config-if)# ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 SwitchA(config-if)# no shutdown
What is the technician configuring?
physical switchport access
11. An IT technician has manually configured an IP address on a laptop for a new employee. Each time the employee tries to connect to the LAN, the employee receives a duplicate IP address error message. What can the company do to prevent this situation from arising again?
Configure the IP address on an SVI on the laptop.
Use a virtual private network instead of the company LAN.
Use DHCP to automatically assign addresses.*
Use laptops that do not require IP addresses.
12. Which two functions are provided to users by the context-sensitive help feature of the Cisco IOS CLI? (Choose two.)
providing an error message when a wrong command is submitted
displaying a list of all available commands within the current mode*
allowing the user to complete the remainder of an abbreviated command with the TAB key
determining which option, keyword, or argument is available for the entered command*
selecting the best command to accomplish a task
13. Fill in the blank.
In order to test end-to-end connectivity, you would use the “ping” command.
Noted: There are 4 answers. You can use one of the following: ping, trace, traceroute, and tracert, but in our system you can use only ping.
14. True or False?
Mobile devices do not require IP addresses to communicate on the Internet.
15. Fill in the blank.
The component of the operating software that provides the user interface is called the “shell” .