CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 4 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
This quiz covers the content in CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks Chapter 4. It is designed to provide an additional opportunity to practice the skills and knowledge presented in the chapter and to prepare for the Chapter 4 Exam.
1. A network team is comparing topologies for connecting on a shared media. Which physical topology is an example of a hybrid topology for a LAN?
2. What makes fiber preferable to copper cabling for interconnecting buildings? (Choose three.)
greater distances per cable run*
lower installation cost
limited susceptibility to EMI/RFI*
greater bandwidth potential*
3. What is the purpose of the OSI physical layer?
controlling access to media
transmitting bits across the local media*
performing error detection on received frames
exchanging frames between nodes over physical network media
4. Which method of data transfer allows information to be sent and received at the same time?
5. Match the description with the media. (Not all options are used.)
STP ——-> This type of copper media is used in industrial or similar environments where there is a lot of interference.
wireless ——-> This type of media provides the most mobility options.
optical fiber ——-> This type of media is used for high transmission speed and can also transfer data over long distances.
coaxial ——-> Traditionally used for television but can now be used in a network to connect the customer location to the wiring of the customer premises.
6. Which statement describes a characteristic of the frame header fields of the data link layer?
They all include the flow control and logical connection fields.
Ethernet frame header fields contain Layer 3 source and destination addresses.
They vary depending on protocols.*
They include information on user applications.
7. Which two factors influence the method that is used for media access control? (Choose two.)
how data is generated by end devices applications
how the connection between nodes appears to the data link layer*
how signals are encoded by the NICs on end devices
how nodes share the media*
how the IP protocol forwards the packet to the destination
8. What method is used to manage contention-based access on a wireless network?
9. Match each type of frame field to its function. (Not all options are used.)
addressing ——> This field helps to direct the frame toward its destination.
error detection ——> This field checks if the frame has been damaged during the transfer.
type ——> This field is used by the LLC to identify the Layer 3 protocol.
frame start ——> This field identifies the beginning of a frame.
10. Refer to the exhibit.
One end of the cable is terminated as displayed, and the other end is terminated in accordance with the T568A standard. What type of cable would be created in this manner?
11. A network administrator is designing a new network infrastructure that includes both wired and wireless connectivity. Under which situation would a wireless connection be recommended?
The end-user device only has an Ethernet NIC.
The end-user device requires a dedicated connection because of performance requirements.
The end-user device needs mobility when connecting to the network.*
The end-user device area has a high concentration of RFI.
12. What type of cable is used to connect a workstation serial port to a Cisco router console port?
13. Fill in the blank.
In fiber optic media, the signals are represented as patterns of “LIGHT” .
14. Refer to the exhibit.
What is the maximum possible throughput between the PC and the server?
15. Which statement correctly describes frame encoding?
It uses the characteristic of one wave to modify another wave.
It transmits data signals along with a clock signal which occurs at evenly spaced time durations.
It generates the electrical, optical, or wireless signals that represent the binary numbers of the frame.
It converts bits into a predefined code in order to provide a predictable pattern to help distinguish data bits from control bits.*
16. What is a characteristic of a WAN hub-and-spoke topology?
It requires that some of the branch sites be interconnected through point-to-point links.
It requires that every site be interconnected to each other through point-to-point links.
All sites require a hub device that connects to a router.
The branch sites are connected to a central site through point-to-point links.*
17. Which is a function of the Logical Link Control (LLC) sublayer?
to define the media access processes that are performed by the hardware
to provide data link layer addressing
to identify which network layer protocol is being used*
to accept segments and package them into data units that are called packets