CCNA 1 v6.0 Chapter 7 Quiz Answers Cisco Last Update 2019
This quiz covers the content in CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks Chapter 7. It is designed to provide an additional opportunity to practice the skills and knowledge presented in the chapter and to prepare for the Chapter 7 Exam.
1. Match each description with an appropriate IP address. (Not all options are used.)
a link-local address ——-> 169.254.1.5
a public address ——-> 126.96.36.199
an experimental address ——-> 240.2.6.255
a loopback address ——-> 127.0.0.1
2. Match the IPv6 address with the IPv6 address type. (Not all options are used.)
2001:DB8::BAF:3F57:FE94 ——> global unicast
FF02::1 ——> all node multicast
::1 ——> loopback
FF02::1:FFAE:F85F ——> solicited node multicast
3. Which two types of devices are typically assigned static IP addresses? (Choose two.)
4. Fill in the blank.
The 8-digit binary value of the last octet of the IPv4 address 172.17.10.7 is __00000111__ .
5. In which alternative to DHCPv6 does a router dynamically provide IPv6 configuration information to hosts?
6. Fill in the blank.
The last host address on the 10.15.25.0/24 network is __10.15.25.254__ .
7. What is the prefix length notation for the subnet mask 255.255.255.224?
8. Match the description to the IPv6 addressing component. (Not all options are used.)
This part of the address is used by an organization to identify subnets. ——> subnet ID
This network portion of the address is assigned by the provider. ——> global routing prefix
This part of the address is the equivalent to the host portion of an IPv4 address. ——> interface ID
9. Which network migration technique encapsulates IPv6 packets inside IPv4 packets to carry them over IPv4 network infrastructures?
10. Fill in the blank.
The network portion of the address 172.16.30.5/16 is __172.16__ .
11. Fill in the blank.
The shortest compressed format of the IPv6 address 2001:0DB8:0000:1470:0000:0000:0000:0200 is ___2001:DB8:0:1470::200__
12. An IPv6 enabled device sends a data packet with the destination address of FF02::1. What is the target of this packet?
the one IPv6 device on the link that has been uniquely configured with this address
all IPv6 enabled devices on the local link or network*
only IPv6 DHCP servers
only IPv6 configured routers
13. Which type of IPv6 address is not routable and used only for communication on a single subnet?
global unicast address
unique local address
14. A user who is unable to connect to the file server contacts the help desk. The helpdesk technician asks the user to ping the IP address of the default gateway that is configured on the workstation. What is the purpose for this ping command?
to obtain a dynamic IP address from the server
to request that gateway forward the connection request to the file server
to test that the host has the capability to reach hosts on other networks*
to resolve the domain name of the file server to its IP address