CCNA 1 v6.0 Introduction to Networks ITN Chapter 2 Exam Answers Score 100%
1. What is the function of the kernel of an operating software?
It provides a user interface that allows users to request a specific task.
The kernel links the hardware drivers with the underlying electronics of a computer.
It is an application that allows the initial configuration of a Cisco device.
The kernel provisions hardware resources to meet software requirements.*
2. A network administrator needs to keep the user ID, password, and session contents private when establishing remote CLI connectivity with a switch to manage it. Which access method should be chosen?
3. Which procedure is used to access a Cisco 2960 switch when performing an initial configuration in a secure environment?
Use Telnet to remotely access the switch through the network.
Use the console port to locally access the switch from a serial or USB interface of the PC.*
Use Secure Shell to remotely access the switch through the network.
Use the AUX port to locally access the switch from a serial or USB interface of the PC.
4. Which command or key combination allows a user to return to the previous level in the command hierarchy?
5. A router has a valid operating system and a configuration file stored in NVRAM. The configuration file contains an enable secret password but no console password. When the router boots up, which mode will display?
global configuration mode
privileged EXEC mode
user EXEC mode*
6. Which two functions are provided to users by the context-sensitive help feature of the Cisco IOS CLI? (Choose two.)
providing an error message when a wrong command is submitted
displaying a list of all available commands within the current mode*
allowing the user to complete the remainder of an abbreviated command with the TAB key
determining which option, keyword, or argument is available for the entered command*
selecting the best command to accomplish a task
7. Which information does the show startup-config command display?
the IOS image copied into RAM
the bootstrap program in the ROM
the contents of the current running configuration file in the RAM
the contents of the saved configuration file in the NVRAM*
8. Why is it important to configure a hostname on a device?
a Cisco router or switch only begins to operate when its hostname is set
a hostname must be configured before any other parameters
to identify the device during remote access (SSH or telnet)*
to allow local access to the device through the console port
9. Which two host names follow the guidelines for naming conventions on Cisco IOS devices? (Choose two.)
HO Floor 17
10. How does the service password-encryption command enhance password security on Cisco routers and switches?
It encrypts passwords as they are sent across the network.
It encrypts passwords that are stored in router or switch configuration files.*
It requires that a user type encrypted passwords to gain console access to a router or switch.
It requires encrypted passwords to be used when connecting remotely to a router or switch with Telnet.
11. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring the MOTD on switch SW1. What is the purpose of this command?
to display a message when a user accesses the switch*
to configure switch SW1 so that only the users in the Admin group can telnet into SW1
to force users of the Admin group to enter a password for authentication
to configure switch SW1 so that the message will display when a user enters the enable command
12. While trying to solve a network issue, a technician made multiple changes to the current router configuration file. The changes did not solve the problem and were not saved. What action can the technician take to discard the changes and work with the file in NVRAM?
Issue the reload command without saving the running configuration.*
Delete the vlan.dat file and reboot the device.
Close and reopen the terminal emulation software.
Issue the copy startup-config running-config command.
13. Which statement is true about the running configuration file in a Cisco IOS device?
It affects the operation of the device immediately when modified.*
It is stored in NVRAM.
It should be deleted using the erase running-config command.
It is automatically saved when the router reboots.
14. What are two characteristics of RAM on a Cisco device? (Choose two.)
RAM provides nonvolatile storage.
The configuration that is actively running on the device is stored in RAM.*
The contents of RAM are lost during a power cycle.*
RAM is a component in Cisco switches but not in Cisco routers.
RAM is able to store multiple versions of IOS and configuration files.
15. Which interface allows remote management of a Layer 2 switch?
the AUX interface
the console port interface
the switch virtual interface*
the first Ethernet port interface
16. Which interface is the default SVI on a Cisco switch?
17. Why would a Layer 2 switch need an IP address?
to enable the switch to send broadcast frames to attached PCs
to enable the switch to function as a default gateway
to enable the switch to be managed remotely*
to enable the switch to receive frames from attached PCs
18. What command can be used on a Windows PC to see the IP configuration of that computer?
show ip interface brief
19. A technician is adding a new PC to a LAN. After unpacking the components and making all the connections, the technician starts the PC. After the OS loads, the technician opens a browser, and verifies that the PC can reach the Internet. Why was the PC able to connect to the network with no additional configuration?
The PC does not require any additional information to function on the network.
The PC came preconfigured with IP addressing information from the factory.
The PC was preconfigured to use DHCP.*
The PC used DNS to automatically receive IP addressing information from a server.
The PC virtual interface is compatible with any network.
20. What is a user trying to determine when issuing a ping 10.1.1.1 command on a PC?
if the TCP/IP stack is functioning on the PC without putting traffic on the wire
if there is connectivity with the destination device*
the path that traffic will take to reach the destination
what type of device is at the destination
21. Refer to the exhibit.
A network technician is testing connectivity in a new network. Based on the test results shown in the exhibit, which device does the technician have connectivity with and which device does the technician not have connectivity with? (Choose two.)
connectivity: switch 2*
no connectivity: switch 1
no connectivity: switch 2
no connectivity: PC-C*
22. Refer to the exhibit.
What three facts can be determined from the viewable output of the show ip interface brief command? (Choose three.)
Two physical interfaces have been configured.
The switch can be remotely managed.*
One device is attached to a physical interface.*
Passwords have been configured on the switch.
Two devices are attached to the switch.
The default SVI has been configured.*