CCNA 1 v6.0 Introduction to networks ITN Final B Exam Answers
1. A company is expanding its business to other countries. All branch offices must remain connected to corporate headquarters at all times. Which network technology is required to support this requirement?
2. A home user is looking for an ISP connection that provides high speed digital transmission over regular phone lines. What ISP connection type should be used?
3. How does quality of service help a network support a wide range of applications and services?
by limiting the impact of a network failure
by allowing quick recovery from network failures
by providing mechanisms to manage congested network traffic*
by providing the ability for the network to grow to accommodate new users
4. On which switch interface would an administrator configure an IP address so that the switch can be managed remotely?
5. After making configuration changes on a Cisco switch, a network administrator issues a copy running-config startup-config command. What is the result of issuing this command?
The new configuration will be stored in flash memory.
The new configuration will be loaded if the switch is restarted.*
The current IOS file will be replaced with the newly configured file.
The configuration changes will be removed and the original configuration will be restored.
6. Refer to the exhibit.
A network administrator is configuring access control to switch SW1. If the administrator has already logged into a Telnet session on the switch, which password is needed to access privileged EXEC mode?
7. Which connection provides a secure CLI session with encryption to a Cisco switch?
a console connection
an AUX connection
a Telnet connection
an SSH connection*
8. A network technician is attempting to configure an interface by entering the following command: SanJose(config)# ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0. The command is rejected by the device. What is the reason for this?
The command is being entered from the wrong mode of operation.*
The command syntax is wrong.
The subnet mask information is incorrect.
The interface is shutdown and must be enabled before the switch will accept the IP address.
9. What function does pressing the Tab key have when entering a command in IOS?
It aborts the current command and returns to configuration mode.
It exits configuration mode and returns to user EXEC mode.
It moves the cursor to the beginning of the next line.
It completes the remainder of a partially typed word in a command.*
10. What protocol is responsible for controlling the size of segments and the rate at which segments are exchanged between a web client and a web server?
11. What layer is responsible for routing messages through an internetwork in the TCP/IP model?
12. Which statement accurately describes a TCP/IP encapsulation process when a PC is sending data to the network?
Data is sent from the internet layer to the network access layer.
Packets are sent from the network access layer to the transport layer.
Segments are sent from the transport layer to the internet layer.*
Frames are sent from the network access layer to the internet layer.
13. What unique address is embedded in an Ethernet NIC and used for communication on an Ethernet network?
14. A network administrator is troubleshooting connectivity issues on a server. Using a tester, the administrator notices that the signals generated by the server NIC are distorted and not usable. In which layer of the OSI model is the error categorized?
data link layer
15. A network administrator is measuring the transfer of bits across the company backbone for a mission critical financial application. The administrator notices that the network throughput appears lower than the bandwidth expected. Which three factors could influence the differences in throughput? (Choose three.)
the amount of traffic that is currently crossing the network*
the sophistication of the encapsulation method applied to the data
the type of traffic that is crossing the network*
the latency that is created by the number of network devices that the data is crossing*
the bandwidth of the WAN connection to the Internet
the reliability of the gigabit Ethernet infrastructure of the backbone
16. Which procedure is used to reduce the effect of crosstalk in copper cables?
requiring proper grounding connections
twisting opposing circuit wire pairs together*
wrapping the bundle of wires with metallic shielding
designing a cable infrastructure to avoid crosstalk interference
avoiding sharp bends during installation
17. What is a characteristic of the LLC sublayer?
It provides the logical addressing required that identifies the device.
It provides delimitation of data according to the physical signaling requirements of the medium.
It places information in the frame allowing multiple Layer 3 protocols to use the same network interface and media.*
It defines software processes that provide services to the physical layer.
18. What method is used to manage contention-based access on a wireless network?
19. During the encapsulation process, what occurs at the data link layer for a PC connected to an Ethernet network?
An IP address is added.
The logical address is added.
The physical address is added.*
The process port number is added.
20. What are the three primary functions provided by Layer 2 data encapsulation? (Choose three.)
error correction through a collision detection method
session control using port numbers
data link layer addressing*
placement and removal of frames from the media
detection of errors through CRC calculations*
delimiting groups of bits into frames*
conversion of bits into data signals
21. What are two characteristics of Ethernet MAC addresses? (Choose two.)
They are globally unique.*
They are routable on the Internet.
They are expressed as 12 hexadecimal digits. *
MAC addresses use a flexible hierarchical structure.
MAC addresses must be unique for both Ethernet and serial interfaces on a device.
22. If a device receives an Ethernet frame of 60 bytes, what will it do?
drop the frame *
process the frame as it is
send an error message to the sending device
add random data bytes to make it 64 bytes long and then forward it
23. What will a host on an Ethernet network do if it receives a frame with a destination MAC address that does not match its own MAC address?
It will discard the frame.*
It will forward the frame to the next host.
It will remove the frame from the media.
It will strip off the data-link frame to check the destination IP address.
24. Under which two circumstances will a switch flood a frame out of every port except the port that the frame was received on? (Choose two.)
The frame has the broadcast address as the destination address.*
The destination address is unknown to the switch.*
The source address in the frame header is the broadcast address.
The source address in the frame is a multicast address.
The destination address in the frame is a known unicast address.
25. Which switching method has the lowest level of latency?
26. Which two commands can be used on a Windows host to display the routing table? (Choose two.)
show ip route
27. Which two functions are primary functions of a router? (Choose two.)
domain name resolution
28. What are the three ranges of IP addresses that are reserved for internal private use? (Choose three.)
29. What purpose does NAT64 serve in IPv6?
It converts IPv6 packets into IPv4 packets.*
It translates private IPv6 addresses into public IPv6 addresses.
It enables companies to use IPv6 unique local addresses in the network.
It converts regular IPv6 addresses into 64-bit addresses that can be used on the Internet.
It converts the 48-bit MAC address into a 64-bit host address that can be used for automatic host addressing.
30. What is the binary representation of 0xCA?
31. At a minimum, which address is required on IPv6-enabled interfaces?
32. Which service provides dynamic global IPv6 addressing to end devices without using a server that keeps a record of available IPv6 addresses?
static IPv6 addressing
33. What is the purpose of the command ping ::1?
It tests the internal configuration of an IPv6 host.*
It tests the broadcast capability of all hosts on the subnet.
It tests the multicast connectivity to all hosts on the subnet.
It tests the reachability of the default gateway for the network.
34. How many usable IP addresses are available on the 192.168.1.0/27 network?
35. Which subnet would include the address 192.168.1.96 as a usable host address?
36. A network administrator wants to have the same subnet mask for three subnetworks at a small site. The site has the following networks and numbers of devices:
Subnetwork A: IP phones – 10 addresses
Subnetwork B: PCs – 8 addresses
Subnetwork C: Printers – 2 addresses
What single subnet mask would be appropriate to use for the three subnetworks?
37. Which statement is true about variable-length subnet masking?
Each subnet is the same size.
The size of each subnet may be different, depending on requirements.*
Subnets may only be subnetted one additional time.
Bits are returned, rather than borrowed, to create additional subnets.
38. What subnet mask is needed if an IPv4 network has 40 devices that need IP addresses and address space is not to be wasted?
39. What are two characteristics shared by TCP and UDP? (Choose two.)
default window size
ability to to carry digitized voice
use of checksum*
40. Why are port numbers included in the TCP header of a segment?
to indicate the correct router interface that should be used to forward a segment
to identify which switch ports should receive or forward the segment
to determine which Layer 3 protocol should be used to encapsulate the data
to enable a receiving host to forward the data to the appropriate application*
to allow the receiving host to assemble the packet in the proper order
41. What are two ways that TCP uses the sequence numbers in a segment? (Choose two.)
to identify missing segments at the destination*
to reassemble the segments at the remote location*
to specify the order in which the segments travel from source to destination
to limit the number of segments that can be sent out of an interface at one time
to determine if the packet changed during transit
42. Which two protocols operate at the highest layer of the TCP/IP protocol stack? (Choose two.)
43. Which domain name would be an example of a top-level domain?
44. What is one difference between the client-server and peer-to-peer network models?
Only in the client-server model can file transfers occur.
Every device in a peer-to-peer network can function as a client or a server.*
A peer-to-peer network transfers data faster than a transfer using a client-server network.
A data transfer that uses a device serving in a client role requires that a dedicated server be present.
45. Which networking model is being used when an author uploads one chapter document to a file server of a book publisher?
46. A wireless host needs to request an IP address. What protocol would be used to process the request?
47. What network service resolves the URL entered on a PC to the IP address of the destination server?
48. A network engineer is analyzing reports from a recently performed network baseline. Which situation would depict a possible latency issue?
a change in the bandwidth according to the show interfaces output
a next-hop timeout from a traceroute
an increase in host-to-host ping response times*
a change in the amount of RAM according to the show version output
49. Which firewall feature is used to ensure that packets coming into a network are legitimate responses to requests initiated from internal hosts?
stateful packet inspection*
50. What is one indication that a Windows computer did not receive an IPv4 address from a DHCP server?
The computer cannot ping 127.0.0.1.
Windows displays a DHCP timeout message.
The computer receives an IP address that starts with 169.254.*
The computer cannot ping other devices on the same network with IP addresses in the 169.254.0.0/16 range.
51. Which command can an administrator issue on a Cisco router to send debug messages to the vty lines?
52. Fill in the blank.
During data communications, a host may need to send a single message to a specific group of destination hosts simultaneously. This message is in the form of a ———- message.
Correct Answer: Multicast
53. Match the description with the associated IOS mode. (Not all options are used.)
54. Refer to the exhibit. Match the packets with their destination IP address to the exiting interfaces on the router. (Not all options are used.)