Cybersecurity Essentials v1.1 Chapter 7 Quiz Answers
1. A user is proposing the purchase of a patch management solution for a company. The user wants to give reasons why the company should spend money on a solution. What benefits does patch management provide? (Choose three.)
Patches can be chosen by the user.
Computers require a connection to the Internet to receive patches.
Patches can be written quickly.
Administrators can approve or deny patches.*
Updates can be forced on systems immediately.*
Updates cannot be circumvented.*
2. A user calls the help desk complaining that an application was installed on the computer and the application cannot connect to the Internet. There are no antivirus warnings and the user can browse the Internet. What is the most likely cause of the problem?
need for a system reboot
3. Companies may have different operation centers that handle different issues with the IT operations. If an issue is related to network infrastructure, what operation center would be responsible?
4. Why is WPA2 better than WPA?
mandatory use of AES algorithms*
reduced processing time
5. A company wants to implement biometric access to its data center. The company is concerned with people being able to circumvent the system by being falsely accepted as legitimate users. What type of error is false acceptance?
6. An administrator of a small data center wants a flexible, secure method of remotely connecting to servers.Which protocol would be best to use?
7. Which service will resolve a specific web address into an IP address of the destination web server?
8. Which three items are malware? (Choose three.)
9. The CIO wants to secure data on company laptops by implementing file encryption. The technician determines the best method is to encrypt each hard drive using Windows BitLocker. Which two things are needed to implement this solution? (Choose two.)
at least two volumes*
10. A user makes a request to implement a patch management service for a company. As part of the requisition the user needs to provide justification for the request. What three reasons can the user use to justify the request? (Choose three.)
the need for systems be directly connected to the Internet
no opportunities for users to circumvent updates*
the likelihood of storage savings
the ability to obtain reports on systems*
the ability to control when updates occur*
the ability of users to select updates
11. The manager of desktop support wants to minimize downtime for workstations that crash or have other software-related issues. What are three advantages of using disk cloning? (Choose three.)
can provide a full system backup*
creates greater diversity
easier to deploy new computers within the organization*
ensures system compatibility
ensures a clean imaged machine*
cuts down on number of staff needed
12. A user is asked to analyze the current state of a computer operating system. What should the user compare the current operating system against to identify potential vulnerabilities?
a vulnerability scan
13. What is the difference between an HIDS and a firewall?
An HIDS works like an IPS, whereas a firewall just monitors traffic.
An HIDS blocks intrusions, whereas a firewall filters them.
An HIDS monitors operating systems on host computers and processes file system activity. Firewalls allow or deny traffic between the computer and other systems.*
A firewall allows and denies traffic based on rules and an HIDS monitors network traffic.
A firewall performs packet filtering and therefore is limited in effectiveness, whereas an HIDS blocks intrusions.
14. What are three types of power issues that a technician should be concerned about? (Choose three.)
15. A new PC is taken out of the box, started up and connected to the Internet. Patches were downloaded and installed. Antivirus was updated. In order to further harden the operating system what can be done?
Remove unnecessary programs and services.*
Turn off the firewall.
Give the computer a nonroutable address.
Remove the administrator account.
Disconnect the computer from the network.
Install a hardware firewall.
16. The company has many users who telecommute. A solution needs to be found so a secure communication channel can be established between the remote location of users and the company. What is a good solution for this situation?
17. Why should WEP not be used in wireless networks today?
its use of clear text passwords
its lack of encryption
its lack of support
18. A user calls the help desk complaining that the password to access the wireless network has changed without warning. The user is allowed to change the password, but an hour later, the same thing occurs. What might be happening in this situation?
rogue access point*
19. An intern has started working in the support group. One duty is to set local policy for passwords on the workstations. What tool would be best to use?
20. The manager of a department suspects someone is trying to break into computers at night. You are asked to find out if this is the case. What logging would you enable?
21. After a security audit for an organization, multiple accounts were found to have privileged access to systems and devices. Which three best practices for securing privileged accounts should be included in the audit report? (Choose three.)
No one should have privileged access.
Enforce the principle of least privilege.*
Secure password storage.*
Only managers should have privileged access.
Reduce the number of privileged accounts.*
Only the CIO should have privileged access.