Cybersecurity Essentials v1.1 Final Quiz Answers Type B
1. What is an example of early warning systems that can be used to thwart cybercriminals?
ISO/IEC 27000 program
2. Technologies like GIS and IoE contribute to the growth of large data stores. What are two reasons that these technologies increase the need for cybersecurity specialists? (Choose two.)
They require 24-hour monitoring.
They collect sensitive information.*
They contain personal information.*
They increase processing requirements.
They require more equipment.
They make systems more complicated.
3. Which two groups of people are considered internal attackers? (Choose two.)
black hat hackers
4. Which methods can be used to implement multifactor authentication?
IDS and IPS
tokens and hashes
VPNs and VLANs
passwords and fingerprints*
5. Which technology should be used to enforce the security policy that a computing device must be checked against the latest antivirus update before the device is allowed to connect to the campus network?
6. A security specialist is asked for advice on a security measure to prevent unauthorized hosts from accessing the home network of employees. Which measure would be most effective?
Implement a firewall.*
Implement intrusion detection systems.
Implement a VLAN.
7. Which technology can be used to ensure data confidentiality?
8. An organization allows employees to work from home two days a week. Which technology should be implemented to ensure data confidentiality as data is transmitted?
9. What are the two most effective ways to defend against malware? (Choose two.)
Implement a VPN.
Implement strong passwords.
Install and update antivirus software.*
Implement network firewalls.
Update the operating system and other application software.*
10. An executive manager went to an important meeting. The secretary in the office receives a call from a person claiming that the executive manager is about to give an important presentation but the presentation files are corrupted. The caller sternly recommends that the secretary email the presentation right away to a personal email address. The caller also states that the executive is holding the secretary responsible for the success of this presentation. Which type of social engineering tactic would describe this scenario?
11. Which statement describes a distributed denial of service attack?”
An attacker sends an enormous quantity of data that a server cannot handle.
An attacker views network traffic to learn authentication credentials.
An attacker builds a botnet comprised of zombies.*
One computer accepts data packets based on the MAC address of another computer.
12. What type of attack will make illegitimate websites higher in a web search result list?
13. What is a nontechnical method that a cybercriminal would use to gather sensitive information from an organization?
14. A penetration testing service hired by the company has reported that a backdoor was identified on the network. What action should the organization take to find out if systems have been compromised?
Look for usernames that do not have passwords.
Look for unauthorized accounts.*
Look for policy changes in Event Viewer.
Scan the systems for viruses.
15. Users report that the database on the main server cannot be accessed. A database administrator verifies the issue and notices that the database file is now encrypted. The organization receives a threatening email demanding payment for the decryption of the database file. What type of attack has the organization experienced?
16. A user has a large amount of data that needs to be kept confidential. Which algorithm would best meet this requirement?
17. What happens as the key length increases in an encryption application?
Keyspace decreases exponentially.
Keyspace increases exponentially.*
Keyspace decreases proportionally.
Keyspace increases proportionally.
18. Which algorithm will Windows use by default when a user intends to encrypt files and folders in an NTFS volume?
19. Before data is sent out for analysis, which technique can be used to replace sensitive data in nonproduction environments to protect the underlying information?
data masking substitution*
20. In which situation would a detective control be warranted?
when the organization needs to repair damage
after the organization has experienced a breach in order to restore everything back to a normal state
when the organization needs to look for prohibited activity*
when the organization cannot use a guard dog, so it is necessary to consider an alternative
21. An organization plans to implement security training to educate employees about security policies. What type of access control is the organization trying to implement?
22. An organization has implemented antivirus software. What type of security control did the company implement?
23. Passwords, passphrases, and PINs are examples of which security term?
24. An organization has determined that an employee has been cracking passwords on administrative accounts in order to access very sensitive payroll information. Which tools would you look for on the system of the employee? (Choose three)
reverse lookup tables*
rouge access points
25. What technique creates different hashes for the same password?
26. Which hashing technology requires keys to be exchanged?
27. You have been asked to implement a data integrity program to protect data files that need to be electronically downloaded by the sales staff. You have decided to use the strongest hashing algorithm available on your systems. Which hash algorithm would you select?
28. What kind of integrity does a database have when all its rows have a unique identifier called a primary key?
29. Technicians are testing the security of an authentication system that uses passwords. When a technician examines the password tables, the technician discovers the passwords are stored as hash values. However, after comparing a simple password hash, the technician then discovers that the values are different from those on other systems. What are two causes of this situation? (Choose two.)
The systems use different hashing algorithms.*
Both systems use MD5.
Both systems scramble the passwords before hashing.
One system uses hashing and the other uses hashing and salting.*
One system uses symmetrical hashing and the other uses asymmetrical hashing.
30. Alice and Bob are using a digital signature to sign a document. What key should Alice use to sign the document so that Bob can make sure that the document came from Alice?
public key from Bob
private key from Alice*
private key from Bob
username and password from Alice
31. The X.509 standards defines which security technology?
32. What is it called when an organization only installs applications that meet its guidelines, and administrators increase security by eliminating all other applications?
33. Being able to maintain availability during disruptive events describes which of the principles of high availability?
single point of failure
34. An organization has recently adopted a five nines program for two critical database servers. What type of controls will this involve?
stronger encryption systems
remote access to thousands of external users
limiting access to the data on these systems
improving reliability and uptime of the servers*
35. What approach to availability provides the most comprehensive protection because multiple defenses coordinate together to prevent attacks?
36. The team is in the process of performing a risk analysis on the database services. The information collected includes the initial value of these assets, the threats to the assets and the impact of the threats. What type of risk analysis is the team performing by calculating the annual loss expectancy?
37. Which two values are required to calculate annual loss expectancy? (Choose two.)
annual rate of occurrence*
single loss expectancy*
quantitative loss value
38. An organization wants to adopt a labeling system based on the value, sensitivity, and criticality of the information. What element of risk management is recommended?
39. What approach to availability involves using file permissions?
40. What are two incident response phases? (Choose two.)
prevention and containment
containment and recovery*
mitigation and acceptance
detection and analysis*
risk analysis and high availability
confidentiality and eradication
41. What Windows utility should be used to configure password rules and account lockout policies on a system that is not part of a domain?
Local Security Policy tool*
Event Viewer security log
Active Directory Security tool
42. In a comparison of biometric systems, what is the crossover error rate?
rate of false negatives and rate of false positives*
rate of false positives and rate of acceptability
rate of rejection and rate of false negatives
rate of acceptability and rate of false negatives
43. What describes the protection provided by a fence that is 1 meter in height?
It deters casual trespassers only.*
The fence deters determined intruders.
It offers limited delay to a determined intruder.
It prevents casual trespassers because of its height.
44. Mutual authentication can prevent which type of attack?
wireless IP spoofing
45. Which protocol would be used to provide security for employees that access systems remotely from home?
46. Which technology can be used to protect VoIP against eavesdropping?
encrypted voice messages*
47. Which three protocols can use Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)? (Choose three.)
48. HVAC, water system, and fire systems fall under which of the cybersecurity domains?
49. Which national resource was developed as a result of a U.S. Executive Order after a ten-month collaborative study involving over 3,000 security professionals?
ISO OSI model
the National Vulnerability Database (NVD)
50. Which cybersecurity weapon scans for use of default passwords, missing patches, open ports, misconfigurations, and active IP addresses?