Introduction to Cybersecurity ITC v2.1 Chapter 3 Quiz Answers
1. Which technology removes direct equipment and maintenance costs from the user for data backups?
a cloud service*
network attached storage
an external hard drive
2. A user is surfing the Internet using a laptop from a public WiFi cafe. What should be checked first when the user connects to the public network?
if the laptop has a master password set to secure the passwords stored in the password manager
if the laptop requires user authentication for file and media sharing*
if the laptop web browser is operating in private mode
if the laptop Bluetooth adapter is disabled
3. How can users working on a shared computer keep their personalbrowsing history hidden from other workers that may use this computer?
Use only an encrypted connection to access websites.
Move any downloaded files to the recycle bin.
Reboot the computer after closing the web browser.
Operate the web browser in private browser mode.*
4. Why do IoT devices pose a greater risk than other computing devices on a network?
Most IoT devices do not receive frequent firmware updates.*
IoT devices cannot function on an isolated network with only an Internet connection.
Most IoT devices do not require an Internet connection and are unable to receive new updates.
IoT devices require unencrypted wireless connections.
5. A consumer would like to print photographs stored on a cloud storage account using a third party online printing service. After successfully logging into the cloud account, the customer is automatically given access to the third party online printing service. What allowed this automatic authentication to occur?
The user is on an unencrypted network and the password for the cloud storage service is viewable by the online printing service.
The cloud storage service is an approved application for the online printing service.*
The account information for the cloud storage service was intercepted by a malicious application.
The password entered by the user for the online printing service is the same as the password used on the cloud storage service.
6. How can a user prevent others from eavesdropping on network traffic when operating a PC on a public Wi-Fi hot spot?
Use WPA2 encryption.
Connect with a VPN service.*
Create strong and unique passwords.
7. A network administrator is conducting a training session to office staff on how to create a strong and effective password. Which password would most likely take the longest for a malicious user to guess or break?
8. Which configuration on a wireless router is not considered to be adequate security for a wireless network?
prevent the broadcast of an SSID*
implement WPA2 encryption
enabling wireless security
modify the default SSID and password of a wireless router
9. What is the best method to prevent Bluetooth from being exploited?
Always disable Bluetooth when it is not actively used.*
Always use a VPN when connecting with Bluetooth.
Only use Bluetooth when connecting to a known SSID.
Only use Bluetooth to connect to another smartphone or tablet.
10. Which type of technology can prevent malicious software from monitoring user activities, collecting personal information, and producing unwanted pop-up ads on a user computer?
two factor authentication
11. A user is having difficulty remembering passwords for multiple online accounts. What is the best solution for the user to try?
Share the passwords with the network administrator or computer technician.
Create a single strong password to be used across all online accounts.
Save the passwords in a centralized password manager program.*
Write the passwords down and place them out of sight.
12. As data is being stored on a local hard disk, which method would secure the data from unauthorized access?
a duplicate hard drive copy
two factor authentication
deletion of sensitive files