Networking Essentials v2.01 Modules 1 – 4 Internet Connection: Getting Online Group Exam
1. Which factor classifies a host as a server?
the software installed*
the CPU speed
the amount of memory
the network connection
2. What terms represent the maximum and actual speed that can be utilized by a device to transfer data?
3. Match the term to the value represented.
4. What is a disadvantage of deploying a peer-to-peer network model?
high degree of complexity
difficulty of setup
lack of centralized administration*
5. Which term is used to describe a network device that relies on another device to obtain information?
6. If you were drawing a physical topology of your school network, what type of information would you include?
the path that data takes to reach destinations
the location of devices in the building*
the IP addresses of all devices on the network
how devices are connected
7. Which type of network component can be used to share an attached printer to the network?
8. A wireless network was recently installed in a coffee shop and customer mobile devices are not receiving network configuration information. What should be done to correct the problem?
Make sure the DHCP server is functional.*
Ensure that the default gateway device is working properly.
Provide peripheral devices to customers.
Check the connection of the DNS server to the Internet.
9. A consumer places a smartphone close to a pay terminal at a store and the shopping charge is successfully paid. Which type of wireless technology was used?
10. A user is looking for a wireless headphone for listening to songs stored on a smartphone. What wireless technology would the headphone use?
11. Refer to the exhibit.
A home wireless network is being configured within Packet Tracer. The user adds a wireless router, a PC, and three laptops. The user is reviewing the wireless connection on one of the laptops. What can be determined?
All three laptops are connected to the wireless network successfully.
Because the password is not enabled, the laptop cannot connect to the wireless router.
The laptop is connected to a wireless network.*
The laptop must have a different wireless NIC installed before being able to connect to the wireless router.
12. Refer to the exhibit.
A student has started a Packet Tracer network that includes a home wireless router to be used for both wired and wireless devices. The router and laptop have been placed within the logical workspace. The student clicks on the laptop and the window that opens is shown in the exhibit. What is the purpose of the modules on the left?
This is a list of modules available from the manufacturer that can be clicked on and “purchased.”
This is the list of modules currently installed in the laptop.
These are modules that can be used by double-clicking on one module so that it automatically installs into the laptop.
These are optional modules that can be installed into the module slot if it is currently empty.*
13. Refer to the exhibit.
Which menu item would be used to bring up a command prompt environment to be able to ping another network device?
14. Refer to the exhibit.
An instructor wants to show a few prebuilt Packet Tracer sample labs in class. Which menu option would the instructor use to access a sample lab?
15. Refer to the exhibit.
A student is creating a wired and wireless network in Packet Tracer. After inserting a router, switch, and PC, the student chooses a straight-through cable to connect the PC to the switch. Which connection would be the best port for the student to choose on the PC?
16. Which criterion can be used to select the appropriate type of network media for a network?
the types of data that need to be prioritized
the number of intermediary devices that are installed in the network
the environment where the selected medium is to be installed*
the cost of the end dev
17. Which statement describes the use of the ping command?
The ping command tests end-to-end connectivity between two devices.*
The ping command can be used to determine the exact location of the problem when troubleshooting reachability issues.
The ping command shows current Layer 4 sessions.
The ping command can be used to test reachability using the physical address of the device.
18. What are two sources of electromagnetic interference that can affect data transmissions? (Choose two.)
infrared remote control
florescent light fixture*
19. What are two advantages of using fiber-optic cabling to interconnect devices? (Choose two.)
Fiber-optic cables use extra shielding to protect copper wires.
Fiber-optic cables are commonly found in both homes and small businesses.
Fiber-optic cables are easy to install.
Fiber-optic cables can extend several miles.*
Fiber-optic cable is immune from EMI and RFI.*
20. Which type of network cable is commonly used to connect office computers to the local network?
glass fiber-optic cable
plastic fiber-optic cable
21. Which of the following is a low-power, shorter range wireless technology that is intended to replace wired connectivity for accessories such as speakers or a mouse?
22. Which of the following is a wireless communication technology that enables a smartphone to communicate with a payment system within a few centimeters away?
23. A physical topology diagram includes which of the following? (Choose three)
where hosts are located*
IP addressing on each device
where networking devices are located*
where wiring is installed*
24. When a network administrator changes the IPv4 and IPv6 address of a computer, which topology diagram will need to be updated?
physical topology diagram
logical topology diagram*
both physical and logical topology diagrams
25. Which type of network cable is used to connect the components that make up satellite communication systems?
26. When authenticating within Packet Tracer, which two items could you use? (Choose two.)
a username associated with a specific school
an email address found in the NetAcad profile*
a username associated with NetAcad*
a previously configured pattern
a previously configured PIN
27. Which network device is used to translate a domain name to the associated IP address?
28. How many unique values are possible using a single binary digit?